Sunday, March 15, 2009

Leona Winifred McKay, wife of Floyd J. Parker

My mother is still living. Her mother is also still alive, praise God. This blog will be about her mother, Leona Winifred McKay.

I have already blogged quite a bit on Floyd Parker (http://kingsleyfamilytree.blogspot.com/2008/08/floyd-j-parker.html) though I did get sidetracked into his parent's history. While that blog stands as it is, I didn't comment much on his marriage and I didn't show any of the censuses that they show up on. I will add what I have on his wife, Leona Winifred, and all the other data I have.

Leona Winifred McKay was born 7 April 1909 to Elbridge Gerry McKay and Nellie Bell Smith in East Aurora, Erie County, New York. They are found on the same Censuses in 1910 (very blurry, bad scan) and 1920 (Much Better). Below--

1910
















1920

















I have found Leona and Floyd on the 1930 Census as well.
















In Floyd Parkers post, it describes some of the life situations that Leona went through because of her husband's career. Grandma (Leona's daughter) shared some other personal information about her.

Leona was very active and very busy in church and "lodges". She was always volunteering and organizing events.

Grampa (son-in-law) really loved her, a mutual relationship as Leona thought Grampa could do no wrong.

Grampa and Grandma, who are perpetually at odds in opinion, both agreed that Leona made the best banana bread anywhere.

While most of that info is more personal than historical, let it stand toward her memory that she was loved by those remaining.

No comments: