Saturday, January 17, 2009

THE MISSING LINK!!!

Like I said, several days ago I was contacted through the Ancestry.com connection service by a gentleman who I recognized from an email address I used a long time ago in my search through the Kingsley family line. I think the last time I tried to contact him, it was through Genealogy.com, but it was an old email and I don't think he got it. (but thanks for taking interest Sean) Anyways, as I have been trying to confirm the Kingsley line for a long time and I had discounted the Seth, Seth, Calvin line,... I had done the best I could. In the 1870 census there is an elderly lady who lived with Daniel and Maria Kingsley by the name of Anna Meade. Assuming that was her original married name, I included Meade as Maria's last name. In fact, I think I had Maria's name as Marie (in 1850 it is listed as Mariah, 1860 Marie and 1870 Maria). So this guy emails me and asks me where I got Marie Meade from, opening a connection through email that would help mold the Kingsley genealogy forever.

With a username (and I am pretty sure the OLD email address) of kingcongdon, I mistakenly assumed that King Kong Don was taken (kingkongdon). Until we opened this line of communication I didn't realize that he was just referencing the name Congdon (married into the Kingsley line at Daniel Kingsley's daughter, Frances). He gave me a few tidbits in his email but gave me his blog address (see my blog list) which was SATURATED with information that I hadn't had. My family still had Seth as father of Daniel but, again, had no proof of the connection. I will have posts to come with all the things I have learned from this amazing new friend, but for now, I have a gedcom file to update.

No comments: