Sunday, August 17, 2008

Osborn family 1850 Census

Although I have yet to figure a way to put a version of my PAF file on here, I will start using this page as a place to post my progress on our genealogy. Right now I am on a 14 day "trial" of ancestry.com. That means I am using the mess out of it for 2 weeks. At that point I am going to go back to the books I have to get more done.


In the meantime, I have found TONS on Ancestry.com and will post a lot of it later, including all the censuses that I have copies of. One of which, a new 1850 census one I just found, shows F.C. Osborn 1 year old with parents Gilbert Osborn and Almira (Thomas, but I haven't proven that). I noticed that the next family on the census was also Osborn (Curtis, who doesn't show up in MY PAF) and was interested in who else was around. On the page previous in the census there were several Osborn families. Eddie Osborn (first name on page, 38 y.o. born in MD plus family). Further down the page there is Jarrit Osborn (65 y.o. born in MD, a change from my PAF) wife Ruth (62 y.o., born in MD) with children Erastius (30 y.o. Male, born in PA), Celitia (20 F, PA), Emeline (14 F, PA). Changing families, but not residences, Israel Osborn (35M, PA) with wife Sarah A Osborne (32F, PA), Emerett (5F,PA) and Karin (8/12, F, PA).


This will be my first test of saving an image here, cross your fingers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, the Census on ancestry.com has TONS of extra info, like finding more family members either in the same household or as neighbors. But it is frustrating when we don't know the exact connections. I wish I could step in a time machine and ask them myself what their stories are, to correct my family tree!